Now its time to enrol into the new tax system GST. All existing tax payers registered with state and central laws like central excise, VAT, Service tax ,Entry tax, luxury tax and entertainment are advised to migrate on the new new GST portal to validate existing data and fill up the remaining data required in the enrolment application of GST.
For enrolment in GST we need a provisional id and password to create fresh Login username and password. Let’s see the format of a provisional id.
How to get provisional id and password?
You will be communicated with the provisional id and password through your email id or mobile phone with an email or an sms by the existing tax paying department like State VAT Department,Central excise department etc. If you did not receive any communication from the concerned department.
You can avail provisional id and password by login to the existing tax system. For example let’s learn how to get the provisional id from Maharashtra VAT site?.
- Visit Mahavat site : http://www.mahavat.gov.in/
- Login using existing username and password.
- Click on e-services.
- Click on GST Enrolment provisional id or E-Return only VAT/CST For assessment year 2016-17
- You will be redirected to new page of MSTD : Select “Click for return filing”.
- You will get flash message -In flash message click yes to access GST Provisional id credentials.
After clicking ‘Yes‘a new page of form will open.
- Fill the form .
a)Dealers information is mandatory in nature .If there is any change in mail and mobile then fill it and get OTP.
b)Consultant information is not mandatory.
- After due filling of form ,click on disclaimer and submit the form.
- After submission of form a flash message will popup.This message will have two parts.
1)Part A contains links for acknowledgement.
2)Part B Contains links for GST Portal.
- Acknowledgement generation :After clicking upper link ,You will go to PDF of acknowledgement. This PDF contain your provisional id and password. Dealer will receive on mail id mentioned .Dealer can download and save as PDF.
How to get Provisional id and password for Central excise and service tax payers
Login to www.aces.gov.in portal by using your existing ACES User id and password.
Obtain provisional id and password either by clicking on hyperlink displayed in the pop-up intermediary opening page
or by navigation through
Home >Menu > Reg > Provisional Id for GST.
In some cases, your login credentials may have been shared through State VAT authorities. If you have completed the enrolment process using these credentials, you do not need to repeat the process